Home / Training / ISO/IEC 27005 Information Security Risk Management Training’s / ISO IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager
Why should you attend?
ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager training enables you to acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in the risk management process related to all assets of relevance for Information Security using the ISO/IEC 27005 standard as a reference framework. During this training course, you will gain a comprehensive knowledge of a process model for designing and developing an Information Security Risk Management program. The training will also contain a thorough understanding of best practices of risk assessment methods such as OCTAVE, EBIOS, MEHARI and harmonized TRA. This training course supports the implementation process of the ISMS framework presented in the ISO/IEC 27001 standard.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Information Security Risk Management based on ISO/IEC 27005, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Risk Manager Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to support and lead a team in managing Information Security Risks.
Who should attend?
- Information Security risk managers
- Information Security team members
- Individuals responsible for Information Security, compliance, and risk within an organization
- Individuals implementing ISO/IEC 27001, seeking to comply with ISO/IEC 27001 or individuals who are involved in a risk management program
- IT consultants
- IT professionals
- Information Security officers
- Privacy officers
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques that enable an effective risk management process based on ISO/IEC 27005
- Acknowledge the correlation between Information Security risk management and security controls
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in Information Security Risk Management
- Acquire the competence and skills to effectively advise organizations on Information Security Risk Management best practices
- Acquire the knowledge necessary for the implementation, management and maintenance of an ongoing risk management program
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in Information Security Risk Management
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on cases studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27005 and comprehensive knowledge of Risk Assessment and Information Security.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 27005, concepts and implementation of a risk management program
- Day 2: Risk identification, evaluation, and treatment as specified in ISO/IEC 27005
- Day 3: Information Security risk acceptance, communication, consultation, monitoring and review
- Day 4: Risk assessment methodologies
- Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Risk Management
- Domain 2: Implementation of an Information Security Risk Management program
- Domain 3: Information security risk assessment
- Domain 4: Information security risk treatment
- Domain 5: Information security risk communication, monitoring and improvement
- Domain 6: Information security risk assessment methodologies
For specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 27005 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Manager Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional Experience||Risk Management experience||Other Requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Provisional Risk Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in ISRM||Information Security Risk Management activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in ISRM||Information Security Risk Management activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Senior Lead Risk Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in ISRM||Information Security Risk Management activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, the information security activities should follow best implementation and management practices and include the following:
- Defining a risk management approach
- Determining the basic criteria, objectives, scope and boundaries
- Identifying assets, threats, existing controls, vulnerabilities and consequences (impacts)
- Assessing consequences and incident likelihood
- Performing risk assessment
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for an organization
- Defining risk evaluation criteria
- Evaluating risk treatment options
- Determining the risk acceptance criteria
- Selecting and implementing Information Security controls
- Determining the risk communication plans and objectives
- Performing risk management monitoring and reviews
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free