Why should you attend?
Lead Disaster Recovery Manager training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, maintaining and managing an ongoing Disaster Recovery Plan. During this training course, you will also gain a comprehensive knowledge of the best practices of Disaster Recovery processes and ICT Disaster Recovery services as part of business continuity management.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Disaster Recovery processes, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Lead Disaster Recovery Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Disaster Recovery Manager Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to support and lead Disaster Recovery teams in implementing Disaster Recovery strategies based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Disaster Recovery professionals or consultants seeking to master the necessary concepts and processes related to recovery strategies
- Managers responsible to establish a Disaster Recovery plan in an organization
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with organization`s Disaster Recovery requirements
- Disaster Recovery team members
- Acknowledge the correlation between Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity Management, Information Security and other IT areas and frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Learn how to interpret the ICT Disaster Recovery strategies in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain DR services based on best practices
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing an effective Disaster Recovery Plan based on best practices
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation and management of a DR plan
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
- A fundamental understanding of Disaster Recovery Services and comprehensive knowledge of management principles, concepts and strategies.
- Day 1: Introduction to Disaster Recovery and initiation of a DR plan
- Day 2: Risk Mitigation Strategies and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Day 3: Disaster Recovery facilities, services, recovery sites, response and activation
- Day 4: DRP testing, monitoring, measurement and continuous improvement
- Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified Lead Disaster Recovery Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Domain 2: Disaster Recovery planning based on best practices
- Domain 3: Disaster Recovery supporting subsections
- Domain 4: Recovery Sites, Recovery Facilities and Outsourced Services Capability
- Domain 5: Testing and Maintenance of a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of a Disaster Recovery Plan
For specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about Disaster Recovery certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Manager Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional Experience||DRMS experience||Other Requirements|
|PECB Certified Provisional Disaster Recovery Manager||PECB Certified Disaster Recovery Manager exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified Disaster Recovery Manager||PECB Certified Disaster Recovery Manager exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in ICT Disaster Recovery Management||ICT Disaster Recovery activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified Lead Disaster Recovery Managerr||PECB Certified Lead Disaster Recovery Manager Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in ICT Disaster Recovery Management||ICT Disaster Recovery activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified Senior Lead Disaster Recovery Manager||PECB Certified Lead Disaster Recovery Manager Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in ICT Disaster Recovery Management||ICT Disaster Recovery activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, these disaster recovery activities should follow best implementation and management practices and include the following :
- Establishing a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Defining Disaster Recovery criteria
- Identifying assets, threats, existing controls, vulnerabilities and consequences (impacts)
- Assessing consequences and incident likelihood
- Evaluating Disaster Recovery strategies
- Selecting and implementing Disaster Recovery strategies
- Performing a review of a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional
- Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free