Home / Training / ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System Training’s / ISO IEC 22301 Lead Implementer
Why should you attend?
No two disasters in the world cause equal damage. Between the unpredictability of natural disasters, information security breaches, and incidents of different nature, preparedness can make you stand out in the crowd and predict the future of your business. In light of this, proper planning is essential to mitigating risks, avoiding consequences, coping with the negative effects of disasters and incidents, but at the same time, continuing your daily operations so that customer needs do not remain unfulfilled.
Organizations can make progress towards understanding and managing disasters, incidents, and risks by having a BCMS based on ISO 22301 in place. Therefore, PECB has designed this training course to prepare its participants implement a business continuity management system (BCMS) in compliance with the requirements of ISO 22301. Attending this training course allows you to gain a comprehensive understanding of the best practices of the business continuity management system and to be able to establish a framework that allows the organization to continue operating efficiently during disruptive events.
After attending the training course, you can sit for the exam and, if you successfully pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” credential. The internationally recognized “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” certificate will prove that you have the professional capabilities and practical knowledge to implement a BCMS based on the requirements of ISO 22301 in an organization.
Who should attend?
- Project managers and consultants involved in business continuity
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of the business continuity management system
- Individuals responsible to maintain conformity with BCMS requirements within an organization
- Members of the BCMS team
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts and principles of a business continuity management system (BCMS) based on ISO 22301
- Interpret the ISO 22301 requirements for a BCMS from the perspective of an implementer
- Initiate and plan the implementation of a BCMS based on ISO 22301, by utilizing PECB’s IMS2 Methodology and other best practices
- Support an organization in operating, maintaining, and continually improving a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Prepare an organization to undergo a third-party certification audit
- This training course is based on theory, implementation best practices, and ISO 22301 requirements useful for the implementation of a BCMS.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical exercises based on a case study which includes role-playing and discussions.
- The participants are encouraged to intercommunicate and engage in discussions and exercises.
- The exercises are similar to the certification exam.
- Participants who attend this training course are required to have a fundamental understanding of business continuity concepts and comprehensive knowledge of BCMS implementation principles.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO 22301 and initiation of a BCMS
- Day 2: Implementation plan of a BCMS
- Day 3: Implementation of a BCMS
- Day 4: BCMS monitoring, continual improvement, and preparation for the certification audit
- Day 5: Certification exam
The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” exam complies with the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP) requirements. The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental business continuity principles and concepts
- Domain 2: Business continuity management system (BCMS) requirements
- Domain 3: Planning a BCMS implementation based on ISO 22301
- Domain 4: Implementing a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation and monitoring and measurement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 7: Preparing for a BCMS certification audit
For specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully passing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO 22301 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Implementer Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional Experience||BCMS project experience||Other Requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 22301 Provisional Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 22301 Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Business Continuity Management||Project activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Business Continuity Management||Project activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Business Continuity Management||Project activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
Note: PECB Certified Individuals who do possess the Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor Credentials are qualified for the respective PECB Master Credential, given they have taken 4 additional Foundation Exams which are related to this scheme. For more detailed information about the Foundation Exams and the overall Master Requirements, please go to the following link: https://pecb.com/en/master-credentials.
To be considered valid, these implementation activities should follow best implementation practices and include the following activities:
- Drafting a BCMS plan
- Initiating a BCMS implementation
- Implementing a BCMS
- Monitoring and managing a BCMS implementation
- Continually improving a BCMS
- Certification fees are included in the exam price.
- Participants will be provided with the training material containing over 450 pages of explanatory information and practical examples.
- An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants who have attended the training course.
- In case candidates fail the exam, they can retake the exam within 12 months following the initial exam for free.